Sunday, July 17, 2011

Return of the Southern Belle

Whew! It sure is good to be back home. We rolled into our driveway around 12:45 this morning. Blake and I have spent the past week in Tennessee. We took the short way home but decided to swing by the Extreme Home Makeover that is taking place on Langdon Road in Fayetteville. Of course the streets were blocked off, but we rolled our windows down and could hear the sounds and take in the smells of the new construction. We even saw a company roll in with with part of the log modular home that the show was building off of.

We completed many adventurous activities during our TN trip. It was mine and Blake's first attempt at White Water Rafting and Zip Lining. It was so much fun. I'm definitely more of a beach gal but I had a blast doing both of these activities. Blake and I hiked 2.6 miles to Laurel Falls with his cousin Cord and his precious little family. The payoff of the hike was a gorgeous 55 foot tall water fall.

Pam, Cord's wife, and I spent the first 3 mornings hiking about 2 miles each day. We hiked the neighborhood we stayed in. Let me explain those two miles were more strenuous then the hike to the waterfall. The inclines on the neighborhood hike were MASSIVE. We pulled through and made it each day!

The trip gave time for Morgan, Blake's sister, and me to talk wedding plans. She is getting married in May, shortly after Blake and I. During all of the wedding discussion she asked me to be her Matron of Honor. What a sweet gesture and honor! I gladly accepted the duties.

Now that we're home it is time for me to go get our furry kids. I sure have missed them. My Dad was such an angel this week. He took care of Colby and Grady and kept an eye on our house. We appreciated it so much. We have a lot of stuff to look forward to this week, especially our engagement party that's on Saturday.

Bless- Jess

Blake and I at Laurel Falls

Blake, Ryan, Morgan, and Me White Water Rafting


Blake and I getting ready to Zip Line

Putting our gear on.

Group Shot while we were waiting on a thunderstorm to pass through. Not a good idea to be on a line with lightning! Thank goodness we were able to finish, we only had three lines left at this point.

Take 348,391,234. We finally made a perfect jump shot at an overlook in the Parkway!

This is where we had a picnic after our hike to the Laurel Falls. Perfect Spot! This is Blake, Me, Callie, and Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment